Healthy diet is the one thing in life that can actually prevent diseases. Poor diet affects the mind most of all and that is what leads to mental as well as physical issues. The following 10 foods should be incorporated in the everyday diet to prevent Alzheimer’s in the longer run.
- Cherries and berries: These fruits provide anthocyanin. It is a nutrient that prevents brain damage caused by free radicals. Berries and cherries also offer vitamins C and E along with high concentrations of antioxidants.
- Whole grains: Including these in your diet will keep the brain healthy. Good options for whole grains include quinoa, kammut, and gluten-free oats.
- Turmeric: This bright orange spice can brighten your life too. It is being proven to be very healthy for a number of health issues. Turmeric contains curcumin which is proven to help prevent Alzheimer’s. Turmeric helps remove plaque from the brain. It is a spice that can be used in sweet recipes, spicy foods, and as a seasoning over vegetables too.
- Green tea: Green tea is a healthy alternative to coffee that provides the required amount of caffeine. It encourages alertness. Other than reducing aging, it also keeps the blood pressure maintained.
- Spinach: Leafy greens are overall a very healthy option to add to the diet anyway. Spinach provides a decent amount of antioxidants, fiber as well as vitamin C. All these nutrients help Alzheimer’s patients immensely. Along with that, spinach lowers bad cholesterol and increases brain cognition.
- Water: Drinking enough water is recommended to every human for a healthy life. Water is a simple drink that prevents a number of health issues. It encourages a regular blood circulation. All toxins from the body are flushed out while hydrating each and every cell. Prevention of build-up of toxins minimizes the risk of Alzheimer’s altogether.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E, provide zinc as well as choline. All these three work together to minimize Alzheimer’s risk and also help patients who’re already suffering. Pumpkin seeds are a great alternative in case sunflower seeds are not available.
- Oysters: Zinc mineral isn’t very abundantly found in natural foods. However, oysters are the shellfish that have high zinc concentration. Oysters not only prevent Alzheimer’s, it also keeps the person safe from degenerative dementia. Oysters also provide high protein content.
- Salmon: The disease of Alzheimer’s is mostly related to high concentrations of beta-amyloid protein. Salmon is rich in omega 3 which helps lower the content of this protein. Salmon is a good meat addition to pair with healthy vegetables for a diet that prevents Alzheimer’s.
- Olive oil: Recent researchers are proving that olive oil is a great food that maintains and preserves memory. Cooking your food in olive oil on a daily basis will help retrieve damaged brain cells. The toxins and debris of the brain are cleared with the help of this oil.
The use of these 10 foods is guaranteed to prevent Alzheimer’s.